Man intentionally crashes vehicle into hospital, lights himself on fire: Cops
25 February, 2018, 00:31 | Author: Kathy Ellis
Drew said in a noon news conference that a man in his 20s crashed into the emergency room entrance and then set himself on fire. O'Brien shows the immediate aftermath of the crash.
On the morning of Thursday, February 22, in the American city of Middletown, in CT, the man in the auto drove into the hospital premises and staged a self-immolation. According to authorities, Ellam intentionally lit himself on fire at the scene of the accident.
A Life Star helicopter transferred the driver to the Bridgeport Hospital's burn unit where he is in critical condition.
Chief McKenna said Ellam had a lengthy criminal record and has been known to police since he was 14-years-old.
Middletown Mayor Dan Drew says the driver had multiple gasoline containers in the vehicle when he crashed through an entrance to Middlesex Hospital Thursday morning.
A bomb squad was also dispatched to Ellam's home at 66 Milardo Ln., which was searched by the squad and two bomb-sniffing dogs. They also reportedly found a spray device similar to one used to spray weeds. However, he says that police are securing other public facilities in Middletown, including schools, out of an abundance of caution. Middlesex's other emergency department locations in Westbrook and Marlborough are open, and patients can also receive the help they need at those locations, she said. The hospital has canceled non-emergent surgeries and outpatient radiology tests that were scheduled for Friday. "I found the volunteer coordinator and asked what was going on and she said that a vehicle had driven into the emergency room entrance and she just sent me home [because of the threat]". "I said, that guy's on fire", Mills toldWFSB. The hospital said it is not allowing visitors, except for special circumstances.
In December, the Fed's preferred inflation gauge, excluding volatile food and energy categories, rose 1.5% from a year earlier. But inflation pressures weakened, puzzling Fed officials and arguing in favor of slowing the pace of rate rises.
He was praised by former NBA Commissioner David Stern and served as the Mavericks' alternate governor with the league. The NBA said the Mavericks had informed the league of the allegations involving Ussery and Sneed.
Bouchard, who won the liability phase of trial, said, "I feel vindicated.It's been two and a half years, so I'm happy it's over". The court ruled that the USTA is 75 percent liable for damages while Bouchard is responsible for the remaining 25 percent.
The court's statement did little to lift the veil of mystery over Shigeta, who had minimal contact with the surrogates. On Tuesday, Bangkok's Central Juvenile Court awarded Shigeta, 28, custody of 13 babies he fathered via surrogacy.
Savita Chaturvedi, Flying Officer Avani's mother, says that the latter loved playing with aircraft models, unlike other girls. Officer Singh and Kanth have also completed their training and will soon be taking turns in flying fighter plane solo.
She was fifth in a World Cup Alpine combined last month after finishing outside the top 10 in the downhill portion . Lindsey Vonn said she needed a miracle to finish on the podium in the women's combined Alpine ski event Thursday.
The governor appoints the parole board members. "Any time anybody's life is at stake, that's a very serious matter", Abbott said. Bart Whitaker was sentenced to death for hiring the hitman who killed his mother and brother and wounded his father in 2003.
Salah Sets Premier League Scoring Record as Liverpool Hit 100
Whatever West Ham fans thought of Moyes when his appointment was announced, he may be on course to slowly win some new admirers. The Hammers are unbeaten in their last three visits to this ground, winning once and drawing the last two in a row.
Trump defends NRA amid gun law debate
National Education Association President Lily Eskelsen Garcia said bringing more guns into schools would not make them safer. He said it would take too many security guards to protect a school campus. "That's good", he said.
NBA All Star game drastically improves
That's [about] half, right? "But we've got to get back to playing really well, too", the Celtics' Jaylen Brown said. It's happened way too often that the Western Conference Finals have been more competitive than the Finals itself.